Monday 21 January 2019

Withered Roses




In 2015 I was in your Dm
With so many messages hoping you’ll see them
With a great personality hoping we could be friends.
Hoping you’ll be aware of my existence.

In 2016 I was at your heart, hoping you’ll open for me,
Hoping I’ll be part of your and symphony thought.
Hoping you’ll have fun feelings for me a lot
Despite the fact that, you’re snot.
And so you did, I was overwrought

In 2017 we were lovers of the year
Never saw each other cry or shed a tear
Because seeing each other down was our greatest fear

But at point we were no longer in love
I knew a third party was involved.

14th February 2018, I was at your door,
Knocking vehemently, watching you ignore
I looked smart and wore fragrance
Full of ambition and importance
But what was the essence, of dressing to this extent?

“Maybe you went on a date with him”, says a voice within
Or maybe you locked up yourself, reading!
I know you woke up to withered roses by your doorstep
They were still fresh when I brought them.

In 2019 and beyond, I wouldn’t be the one
That would be referred to as “your own”
I’ll be gone.
#Leenah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here